Marsh Harbour International Airport
ATCT Cab Design/Build and Comm Equipment Installation
Marsh Harbour, Abaco Island
Construction Complete: April 2013
AJT Engineering Inc assisted The Architects Incorporated in the review and value engineering input of their design of the Airport Traffic Control Tower at this busy Bahamian airport. AJT Engineering fabricated the steel cab its completed stage including all systems and furnishings. All systems were throughly tested and checked in the fabrication shop before being carefully removed and packed for shipping. The cab was split in half, shrink wrapped and loaded on trailers for transportation to the Port of Palm Beach where they were loaded on a ocean going ship to Abaco Island. The cab was reassembled on site, glazing installed and lifted on to the shaft.
AJT personnel provided hands on installation of the cab as well as the overall management and procurement of all subs and materials.
AJT installed Harris Voice Switch, General Dynamics radios and RM Young weather instrumentation upon completion of the cab and tower. The tower is conformance with the FAA minimum equipment list.
- Plastic Laminate Finish Over Finish Grade Plywood
- Custom Turret Design With Built-In Lighting Dimmer Controls
- Pencil Drawers (2) Each Position
- Head Set Storage
- Book Shelves
- Jack Box Cutouts (2 Per Position)
- Wall Mounted Cable Trays for Improved Wire Management
- Easy Access to Raceways to Roof and Equipment Roof
- 1/4" Plexiglass Inlay for Protection of Charts
- 2 File Drawers
- AV Cabinet Exhaust (EA Position)